Henri Cartier-Bresson Candid

In the first photo of Henri’s I’ve attached, I feel like his sense of timing is very good, as he managed to capture a racing biker with his camera. His composition is very good too, as the staircase helps frame the biker a bit better and overall adds more to the scene that makes it look nicer (although I think just the street behind the biker would have been nicer, I’m a sucker for the rule of 3rds). In the second photo I’ve chosen, I feel that Henri captured a child’s pride and smile at carrying some bottles very well and found a great moment to snap a shot of. Seeing the smiling faces of other children in the background is also a very good touch to the photo as well, if I may say so!

1/200, ISO…. either 400 or 800, Aperture 22, lens 18-55 mm, Mode: TV

I got into a conversation with Kira (SORRY IF THAT’S NOT HOW YOUR NAME IS SPELLED 😭😭😭), and I kept my camera on my stomach, ready to take a picture without her knowing. We talked about how she’d modeled for Elle before and the rock she used for her own pictures, and I caught a moment of her lost in thought. This picture was so spontaneous and majestic that I just felt it needed to be one I used for my assignment this week!

1/200, ISO, again, either 400 or 800, Aperture 22, lens 18-55 mm, Mode: TV

While in class, waiting for the bell to ring, I saw Greta and Lily having a passionate conversation, saw Greta take a sip of her drink, and just felt like that would be a great moment to have on camera, so I quietly kept watch over them from across the room for a good moment to capture. Then, Greta started using hand signals to communicate emphasis during her story, and I managed to snap the moment right before Mrs. Schutte walked by and blocked the view (you can see her dress on the far left) as Kira looked back because of her, which led to this excellent photo of the two which captures quite well how classes (especially study hall) feel like in Parade! Very proud to have gotten this shot!!!

Be First to Comment