Nov. 27th: Studio Portraits

(for each photo) ISO: 800, 1/160 speed, 3.5 F-stop, 28-80 mm lens, +2/3 exposure bias

I never really adjusted the lights through the pictures, they fit rather well. The main and fill light worked quite well to fill in the shadows on Brin’s (hope that’s how you spell your name) face, and by doing so, really highlighted the laugh lines when she smiled or laughed! The only thing I might have changed is the background color, to maybe a grey or white, as Brin’s clothes sort of make her fade into the background, and I can’t decide if that’s a bug or a feature….

Something I like about the background however, is that it really highlights the differences of lighting in her hair! By being a pure-black background, it makes her dark(er) hair color seem more rich and varied, and you can see the waves in her hair really really well!

Overall, I feel like I learned a lot about 3-point lighting and how it can really affect a photo’s quality! I feel like it was well worth the time to experiment with and learn more about!

Be First to Comment